Plant Operator, Alderton, Towcester
Job Description & Key Responsibilities:
As Plant Operator, you will support the day to day running of the Gas to Grid Anaerobic Digestion plant. This is a hands on role, working 10 hour days with a shift pattern of 4 days on, 4 days off. During your working days you will be required to be on call. You may also be required to provide holiday cover for your colleague.
- Point of contact for site queries when on shift.
- Fill the hopper in line with feed ration.
- Operate and maintain weigh bridge on site.
- Basic feedstock sampling and testing.
- Basic maintenance of equipment and plant, reporting breakdowns to maintenance team.
- Report spares usage and consumables.
- Work on in line with legislation, planning permissions, permits H&S and Qila manuals and documents.
- Maintain site security and access, including visitor inductions.
- Monitor plant control system (SCADA).
- Monitor feedstock quality and digestate volumes.
- Fill out site documents when necessary.
- Completing daily checks and log book, visitors sign ins.
- Reporting all exceptional circumstances; including breakdowns, damages, performance and incidents.
- Other duties as required.
- Alderton, Towcester
- £25,000 - £30,000 p/a, 29 days holiday, matched pension scheme, life assurance and Medicash.
- Experience working in agriculture. recycling or waste water would be beneficial.
- Experience of operating either agricultural or plant machinery.
- Possess IT skills (Microsoft Office etc.).
- Have a good understanding of all health and safety regulations.
- Be organised and an excellent communicator.
Contact: Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.